Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Intellectual Blogging Award

As bloggers tend to do, I was checking out who'd been to my site recently and saw a couple of hits from An Unquiet Mind, a blog I didn't recognize. Curious, I went to the site and began reading a post about the "Intellectual Blogging Award," an award the blog gives to bloggers who really think on their own. Turns out that someone thinks I do that! Grrlscientist over at Living the Scientific Life, who came to speak to my NYU class one day last year, has nominated my blog for the award. Aw, shucks. I am honored!

And now I will nominate my favorite intellectual blogs. I realize these are very Scienceblogs-heavy, but hey, I used to work at Seed. What do you expect?

1. The Loom - I love microbes. So does Carl Zimmer. Naturally, I love his blog. (I realize he was already nominated, but I can't help it. His was the first that came to mind.)
2. Aetiology - Tara Smith writes a lot about microbes too. She's prolific and excellent.
3. Science Made Cool - A biology-focused blog that I've just discovered and quite enjoy.
4. Bad Science - The Guardian's bad science columnist dissects, well, bad science.
5. The Neurocritic - Picks apart new research findings in neuroscience and psychopharmacology. Very interesting stuff.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob Nease said...

Melinda -- Congratulations! Well deserved.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hearty cheer for a job well done!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home