Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I know, I know...

I haven't posted in SO LONG. Mostly because I've been so busy and feel bad just posting links to my new stories. But some people have been asking me to do that anyway, so.... I'll try posting some links to my most recent stories and maybe -- just maybe -- occasionally write up a blog post or two.

Most recently, Popular Mechanics has come out with my feature on 20 Biotech Breakthroughs that Will Change Medicine. Included among them are rocket-powered prostheses, contact lenses that can diagnose glaucoma, spit tests for cancer, and pills that tell you when you've taken them.

You can read the whole story
here, or check out their March issue (where the art is much better!).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melinda,

I really enjoyed this article. In fact, it has lead me to do some research behind the companies of these amazing breakthroughs. In particular...I've been looking for more information about ONI BioPharma. Where did you originally hear about their Smart Bacteria? Did someone from the company tell you about it...or did you hear about it at a party? I'm just curious as to your source for that portion of the article.

Thanks

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home